Welcome to Our Little Ohana!

Aloha! Crazy is the world of blogging! I've had so many different blogs and yes, I'm making one more. This one, however, is a remake. I want my family blog to be open to more readers, but I don't want to put my kids' names, our home town, and our calendar out there for the world to
see. So I have created this new blog to take the place of my previous family blog. Many of you regular readers know our names and where we live and all that good stuff, so please don't comment with that information. My family will have nicknames and I'd very much appreciate you using those when you want to leave a comment. (And I love comments!) My husband served his mission in Hawaii so I've decided to use that as a little fun to our new blog!
Hope you enjoy reading!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Losing the Pacifier

DSCN8460Trying to do the whole no paci thing is pretty rough on a kid who’s had one in his mouth for the last 2 years. At first I got rid of one paci and kept a few others just in case. That was pointless. Then I decided to just get rid of them all. We cut the tips of them and showed him they were broken and had him throw them in the trash. Only one problem. He had been learning his colors with his orange, green, and blue pacifiers. We got rid of 5 blue and green pacis. And he knows there’s an orange one out there somewhere. So he begs for it every night! (It’s probably in the bottom of one of my purses somewhere. Haven’t found it yet.) It’s tough. On him and on us. He won’t take naps during the day and when it’s bed time we’ll put him in his room and he’ll play or cry for an hour or 2. Usually 2. But then a couple nights ago, when he would just lie on the floor next to his door and cry, I decided to try something. I put his blanket, pillow, and dog next to the door. And his flashlight that he just loves to fall asleep with. And he was asleep within 3 minutes! So, that’s what we’ve been doing. And now, a few days later, at nap time, he’s asleep on the floor next to his door.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

been through that, TWICE - you just have to stick to your guns no matter WHAT happens.

Coordination Queen said...

Glad you figured out something that will work for you. :) Keep up the good work!

Cassandra Romney said...

I know you work so hard to get him to bed now! I hope that all your hard work pays off and he will go to bed by himself soon! Although, I wouldnt mind laying down with my kids to get a little cat nap during the day! I could go for one right now!