Welcome to Our Little Ohana!

Aloha! Crazy is the world of blogging! I've had so many different blogs and yes, I'm making one more. This one, however, is a remake. I want my family blog to be open to more readers, but I don't want to put my kids' names, our home town, and our calendar out there for the world to
see. So I have created this new blog to take the place of my previous family blog. Many of you regular readers know our names and where we live and all that good stuff, so please don't comment with that information. My family will have nicknames and I'd very much appreciate you using those when you want to leave a comment. (And I love comments!) My husband served his mission in Hawaii so I've decided to use that as a little fun to our new blog!
Hope you enjoy reading!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family Home Evening

My little family has struggled to have FHE in the past. Ok, so we've pretty much never had it more than one week in a row! I know. I'm ashamed. But after going to stake conference 2 weeks ago I decided it was high time I did a better job!
I know pride is bad. Bad pride is bad. But I sure am proud (good pride) of myself for making sure my family has had FHE the last two Monday nights! They were pretty short ones cause LG is pretty much done as soon as we finish the opening song! But we did it. Opening song, prayer, lesson, activity, closing song, prayer, and a treat! Our lesson the first week was on tithing. So I made each kid 10 mini cookies. They each had to give 10% to the bishop (daddy). Then they got to eat the rest!
And the song they're singing in the other pic is popcorn. Don't know why they're all doing a different motion! Ha!
Oh and I just made us an FHE assignment chart in photoshop! I'll print it and laminate it and do the same thing with little square pics of each of us and rotate the pics each week!

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Stick with it! Your kids age is about when we started regularly holding FHE. Now it is a given and the kids remind us... Monday night mom what are we doing for FHE. :)

Good Job & keep up the good work! :)

Heather said...

Aww, you're awesome!! We need to do it too even though Hailey wouldn't last long I think she'd have fun. That's a cute lesson with the cookies.

Mary Beth said...

love it! SO glad you're having FHE, its the best (even when its the worst)