Welcome to Our Little Ohana!

Aloha! Crazy is the world of blogging! I've had so many different blogs and yes, I'm making one more. This one, however, is a remake. I want my family blog to be open to more readers, but I don't want to put my kids' names, our home town, and our calendar out there for the world to
see. So I have created this new blog to take the place of my previous family blog. Many of you regular readers know our names and where we live and all that good stuff, so please don't comment with that information. My family will have nicknames and I'd very much appreciate you using those when you want to leave a comment. (And I love comments!) My husband served his mission in Hawaii so I've decided to use that as a little fun to our new blog!
Hope you enjoy reading!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blue and Gold Banquet

After all the birthday fun we went to the church building for the Gilbert and Lake Murray wards’ Blue and Gold Banquet. My nephews got some awards!

DSC_1180 P got an award first. He’s 10.

DSC_1185 Then H got acknowledged for some awards. He’s 11.

DSC_1189 H got the arrow of life and moved up into Boy Scouts from Cub Scouts so there was a lot of stuff to do for him (and a couple other boys).

DSC_1192 I don’t remember what all the stuff was called that he got so just enjoy the pics! A scout buff is welcome to share what I don’t!

DSC_1199 DSC_1208 I do remember what this was. His mom got to help him change from the Cub Scout shirt to the Boy Scout one. Yeah, I cried.

DSC_1213 Then he walked across the bridge to the Boy Scouts. Literally. The current Boy Scouts from their ward were waiting on the other side.

DSC_1219 Here he is, now one of them!

DSC_1221And here’s KB being a silly kid with a straw on his tooth. I don’t know where he got that. I swear I haven’t done that since I was in middle school! (Ok, maybe once in high school.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I would probably cry too, he looks so much older now being a boy scout. Oh and the straw thing, I think kids just have instincts about crazy things like that, lol.

Mary Beth said...

ok, I just cried looking at the pictures - I can't imagine if I had been there in person - I'll be kicking myself for that for a REALLY long time.

Leigh This Way said...

Its a boy thing. Preston STILL does it especially around the kids.