Welcome to Our Little Ohana!

Aloha! Crazy is the world of blogging! I've had so many different blogs and yes, I'm making one more. This one, however, is a remake. I want my family blog to be open to more readers, but I don't want to put my kids' names, our home town, and our calendar out there for the world to
see. So I have created this new blog to take the place of my previous family blog. Many of you regular readers know our names and where we live and all that good stuff, so please don't comment with that information. My family will have nicknames and I'd very much appreciate you using those when you want to leave a comment. (And I love comments!) My husband served his mission in Hawaii so I've decided to use that as a little fun to our new blog!
Hope you enjoy reading!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lani Girl Turns 1: Part 1

My little Lani Girl turned 1 yesterday! We might have overdone the activities a little, but I think she had fun! We started the day going to Krispy Kreme, a family favorite. Then we headed to EdVenture!

DSC_0624 She was brave and tried on the firemen clothes! (KB never does)

DSC_0634 I totally love this pic of her! She’s so silly.

DSC_0636 She drove the fire truck!

DSC_0654 And a little VW Beetle.

DSC_0662 KB decided to show a little cuteness while LG was being changed.

DSC_0667 Then she had to show some of hers!

DSC_0677 There’s this fabulous room at EdVenture only for kids 3 and under. It’s quiet and toddler friendly! (And there were a lot of field trips going on yesterday so we really appreciated this room! 6 year olds can be a bit pushy when they’re let loose in a kid museum!) KB is in the ship in this room.

DSC_0709 DSC_0726 There’s a slide leaving the ship. KB trying to help LG go down…

DSC_0732 Tree roots.

DSC_0750 There’s a little spot called Polywog Pond just for babies so I thought LG would love it!

DSC_0678 Apparently she thinks she’s too big to go in there now!

DSC_0748 There’s a ton of foam blocks to play with and KB liked stacking them up and kicking it over!

We spent most of our time in this room! LG loved it.

DSC_0755 Saying hey to the “big guy”, as KB calls him.

DSC_0764 There was a game area and a lot of the first graders were in there playing together. I worried about KB. He loves to be included, but I was afraid they wouldn’t let him in since he’s little. These girls were stacking all the cups to this game in colors and then putting all the colors together. They were putting the blue stack on and KB ran up and grabbed the green stack to put it on top. One of the little girls turned around and saw him, but she just helped him put it on top. Normally kids freak out when another kid messes with their stuff. I was so glad that they let him help that I almost cried! School is gonna be hard on me I think.

DSC_0778 The kids liked the music room.

DSC_0781 DSC_0793 Then we went to the news room.

DSC_0802 I love this pic. LG is such a girl looking at herself on tv and KB is such a boy trying to be all cool like he doesn’t care he’s on tv!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like they had TONS of fun there!! TV picture is priceless, definitely defines boys and girls.

Mary Beth said...

oh my goodness, yes that last picture is priceless!!