Welcome to Our Little Ohana!

Aloha! Crazy is the world of blogging! I've had so many different blogs and yes, I'm making one more. This one, however, is a remake. I want my family blog to be open to more readers, but I don't want to put my kids' names, our home town, and our calendar out there for the world to
see. So I have created this new blog to take the place of my previous family blog. Many of you regular readers know our names and where we live and all that good stuff, so please don't comment with that information. My family will have nicknames and I'd very much appreciate you using those when you want to leave a comment. (And I love comments!) My husband served his mission in Hawaii so I've decided to use that as a little fun to our new blog!
Hope you enjoy reading!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Kids Triathlon

This is the second year that the Team Whetstone junior members competed in a kids triathlon at a local country club. This was KB’s first time though!

DSC_1378

DSC_1373

KB’s transition area. T1. There wasn’t really a T2. Just drop your bike and run.

DSC_1381

DSC_1386

Pre-race hug from little sister.

DSC_1391

DSC_1401

A parent was allowed at the end of the swim to scoop them out.

DSC_1405

I wonder if Big Daddy would like having somebody putting on his helmet while he did his shoes.

DSC_1407

DSC_1408

KB’s cousin that was in the same group as him was a bit faster on his bike. (He’s right above KB.)

DSC_1416

KB got a little help from me. He’s still not a pro on the bike. We don’t really have anywhere to ride at our house.

DSC_1418

DSC_1422

KB’s cousin had a little bike trouble and we passed him, but then he came flying up and passed KB on the run! I cheered for him and so did KB! (That’s the face he’s making. Saying woo woo!)

DSC_1427

Finishing stretch.

DSC_1439

Ku’uipo’s dad and brother came to cheer for KB too! We love having family close by!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I thought it was THE sweetest thing that KB cheered for Jax while he was running himself - I think that that shows what a good job you've done of teaching him to support his family!!!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun!! Looks like the boys did good!